Thursday, February 24, 2011

Logs, Insulation, and Sheetrock

So much has been happening at the house lately. I really need to take lessons from my mom of how to update the blog more often :)

Logs were delivered all the way from Michigan on Feb 7th. The delivery guy got to town early and had to spend the night at Days Inn and arrived at our house the next day bright and early. Nick and I were so excited that the logs had arrived, we just had to go take a look at Days Inn at 11 pm just to see the truck with OUR logs!

Once the logs came, I had to go to the paint store and pick on the stain color that I wanted. If any one knows me, I am not the best with decision making so this was not too easy. But only after 1 try, I had the color I wanted!


Nick staining the logs. Lynn and Grandmama Dixie discussing the logs
Some of the trim stained.


The process of putting logs up has begun! (The big bundles hiding the view of the house are more logs)
 
Time for a longer ladder!

Almost there! Thank goodness for the bucket lift!


The very last peice..for the first side of the house


 

One side down, 3 to go!!

On Friday, while Nick and I were staining logs. The AAA insulation came to spray our insulation. The guys had to dress up in alien suits and started spraying. It was pretty amazing how quickly it was done. By the end of the day, our house looked like marshmellows exploded everywhere! We used the foam insulation. After they were all finished, there was a lot of extra foam left over. I wished I would have saved it to make me a new pillow or shoe inserts because the foam is so squishy and soft!


Only after about 10 minutes one side of the house is insulated!

Today, the sheetrockers delievered sheetrock. This truck was stopped on the side of the road while the other truck was in the driveway unloading. I had to stop and snap a quick picture.
Just one of the many bundles of sheet rock

Hopefully, they will begin hanging the sheetrock on Monday.

2 comments: